Thursday, April 2, 2009

Advanced Poetry the beginning



I am listening to "Locomotion" by Grand Funk Railroad and I really want to dance or sing the locomotion. I choose not to do either because I am in the library and I don't think it would be appropriate knowing that I am an English major. I have to start writing blogs for my advanced poetry class. I am interested in seeing how advanced poetry can get. Maybe the class gets the opportunity to finally learn the codes to write "good" poetry. Maybe the we can go on a field trip inside Emily Dickinson's brain. I would prefer to go inside Shel Silverstein's brain but that is besides the point. I have been writing poetry, short stories, and plays for about ten years. I guess there is no way getting around the fact that I will always have writing in my life. Having classes like this one will improve my writing skills and learn more about poetry and the poets who write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment